Friday, May 19, 2017

It is well with my soul

I spent much of this past school year praying for the Lord to ordain where He'd have me for this summer. I remember praying for His will to be done and that it would be well with my soul. I do remember it now.

It seemed clear that returning to the rez for the summer was what He had ordained, but even after I committed to the internship at home I had doubts. While I was desperate to be with my kids again for the summer, I questioned whether or not I had made the right decision, whether or not I could immerse myself back into this culture and see the brokenness up close again.

I remember the moment when I remembered my prayer. Thy will be done, and may it be well with my soul. My heart realized that He was faithful to make clear His purpose for me this summer, and He will be faithful to sustain me through what He has ordained.

Oh that I might not follow Him into His plans for me with fear, but that I might follow Him through my fears.

No comments: